Exton Station renovations provide ADA accessibility, expand station capacity and efficiency, and enhance passenger amenities. The shared station serves both SEPTA and Amtrak.
The $23.4 million project includes an ADA-compliant station building on the eastbound (south) side of the tracks. The building provides an indoor waiting area, ticket office, and accessible restrooms. An accessible path connects the parking lot, station building, and platforms. On the westbound (north) side, a new passenger shelter was built. Additional improvements include:
- 500-foot-long high-level (accessible) platforms with canopies and windscreens;
- Expansion of the westbound parking lot, including additional accessible parking;
- Improved pedestrian access and circulation;
- Exterior lighting;
- Additional bicycle racks; and
- Stormwater management facilities.